The best laptops for kids and teenagers facilitate a critical component in a kid’s growth. Thanks to technological advancements and changes to our lifestyles, kids nowadays learn, communicate, and get entertained through electronic devices.
While schools and educators push to provide all students with laptops, parents should also take part in giving their kids a learning competitive advantage.
As the world goes digital, kids, who are our future human resource will need advanced computer skills to thrive. Starting them earlier might just give them a headstart.
Importance of Best laptops for Kids
Today’s kids learn, play, get entertainment, and communicate through electronic devices. As such, a laptop is no longer a luxury but a necessity.
Some of the benefits to kids and teenagers using a laptop include:
● Better and more efficient note-taking
● Expansive options for writing and editing of school work and other projects
● Facilitates collaboration and group work through chat groups, school platforms among others
● Connectivity and access to more learning resources through the internet
● Improves students’ computer and related technological skills
● Promotes better organization since kids and teens can track classes, assignments, and utilize free online school calendars
● Diverse and tailor-made entertainment options explicitly geared to kids and teens.
What to Look for When Buying a Laptop for Your Teen?
The best laptops for kids and teens should meet the following criteria at a minimum:
1. Easy-to-use – A good laptop for teens should be intuitive and easy to use. Young users need to find what they need on the computer quickly, with sufficient connectivity to get information from other places such as the internet.
2. Rugged and sturdy – The best laptops for kids ought to withstand a few bumps and drops here and there. Kids are not as careful as adults in handling electronics, and as such, the laptop must withstand some pressure.
3. Affordable – Given that you might need to replace your kids’ laptops a few times, it makes more sense to go for an affordable, yet sturdy laptop.
4. Flexible – Kids need options as they grow. Therefore, it makes more sense, for example, to go for a 2-in-1 laptop that can work as both a laptop and a tablet. That way, they have a seamless experience since most already use smartphones from an early age.
Best Rated Laptop for Kids
Going by the above, here are our top laptop recommendations for teens:
Asus Chromebook Flip – cheap laptops for kids
The Asus Chromebook Flip, commonly called the Macbook of Chromebooks, is both sturdy and affordable. This dual-form laptop sports an Intel Core Core m3 processor, 4GB DDR3 RAM, and 64GB SSD storage.
It features more screen real estate coming with a 12.5″ Full HD display. The laptop also boots up pretty quickly.
The Chromebook Flip has an excellent build quality, an ergonomic design, and uses a processor similar to the MacBook at a fraction of the price. It’s an excellent option for kids and teens.
Microsoft Surface Go – best laptops for middle school
The Microsoft Surface Go laptop is one of the best 2-in-1 laptops for kids and teens. It’s stylish, light, and comfortable to hold, and meets a huge demand for quality budget devices.
This Surface Go features an Intel Pentium Gold 4415Y and an additional 8GB of RAM. The device also sports a 10-inch PixelSense display, designed for crisp views and seamless touch manipulation. It’s one of the lightest, most portable Surface yet, starting at just 1.15 pounds. The touch display is a 10-point multi-touch screen.
If you’re looking for the finest laptop for kids, or just want a portable device for work or entertainment, you can’t go wrong with the Microsoft Surface Go.
HP Notebook – kids lap top computer
The HP Notebook 15.6″ Touchscreen Laptop is a budget laptop with an impressive hardware configuration. Its durability makes it one of the best laptops for kids and teenagers.
It’s a sturdy laptop boasting a sleek, solid look and specs for teens and other users. It sports a 15.6 HDWLED-backlit touchscreen display, providing ample display real estate for work and play.
This HP Notebook is powered by a 7th Generation Intel Core i3-7100U processor, 8GB RAM, and a 1 TB 5400 RPM Hard Drive.
In terms of connectivity, teens are fully covered. It comes with 802.11b/g/n (Miracast enabled), Bluetooth 4.0, and a slew of ports and input slots. It’s an exceptional starter laptop for kids.
Asus Vivobook – best laptop for tweens
The ASUS Vivobook is yet another well-rounded laptop for teens.
It has an impressive full HD 15.6″ screen, giving that clear, sharp image quality, which also comes with Asus’ inhouse software enhancement technology.
Under the hood, the VivoBook sports an 8th Gen Intel i5 8250U processor, and an additional 8GB DDR4 RAM. This laptop comes with a 1TB HDD for storage that will keep your kids’ documents and files nice and accessible for years to come.
While some of the other laptops for kids on this list might provide more value for money, this VivoBook will outlast most and retain its performance for much longer.
Overall, it’s perfect for kids and teen use and offers excellent value for the younger generation to create documents, browse the web, or edit photos.