Today, we are pleased to announce the newest additions to our product line – the Xeon W-3300 processor and HD150i workstation. These innovations are built upon a new design for Xeon processors which will both improve performance and efficiency when compared with AMD’s Threadripper PRO series. Let us break down some of these highlights!
Intel has released five (5) total Xeon W-3300 models, each varying in the number of cores and other features such as Hyperthreading.
- Intel® Xeon® W-3375 Processor, 38-core @ 2.5GHz (4.0GHz Turbo), 57MB L3 Cache
- Intel® Xeon® W-3365 Processor, 32-core @ 2.7GHz (4.0GHz Turbo), 48MB L3 Cache
- Intel® Xeon® W-3345 Processor, 24-core @ 3.0GHz (4.0GHz Turbo), 36MB L3 Cache
- Intel® Xeon® W-3335 Processor, 16-core @ 3.4GHz (4.0GHz Turbo), 24MB L3 Cache
Intel® Xeon® W-3323 Processor, 12-core @ 3.5GHz (3.9GHz Turbo), 21MB L3 Cache
The new XEON offers many improvements over its predecessor, offering better performance while staying competitive with AMD’s newest releases at a midrange price point.
- Up to 64 PCIe Gen 4 lines
- Up to 4TB of DDR4 2666MHz RDIMM
- Up to 38 physical cores or 76 logical threads
- Up to 4.0 GHz with Intel® Turbo Boost Technology 2.0
- Intel® Deep Learning Boost to power AI
- Intel® AVX512 instruction support
- Error correction codes (ECC) Memory Support
- Built-in Reliability, Availability, and Serviceability (RAS) technologies
- Intel® Virtual RAID On CPU (Intel® VROC) provides new IT infrastructure solutions.
Below are some recent benchmarks we ran using a 16-core Xeon W-3335 processor which came equipped with an NVIDIA Quadro P2200 graphics card. For those who don’t know, even though this isn’t the top of the line for this product, you can still clearly see how much value it offers.
For instance, Cinebench’s CPU-specific benchmark is designed to test multithreaded processor rates at 23, 644. This falls in line with older generation Intel Quad Core xeons and also outperforms AMD’s first generation Threadripper model by an estimated 50%.
Who is it for?
Intel developed this processor because of the heavy-threaded processing power it provides, making it perfect for industries such as architecture, engineering, construction, media, and machine learning.
Please contact an expert on our friendly customer service line at 804-419-0900 for more information about our ProMagix HD150i powered by Intel W-3300.